Restore Your Body with a Mommy Makeover
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, a woman’s body experiences a number of major changes. The skin and abdominal muscles stretch to accommodate the baby, excess fat builds up in several areas of the body, and the breasts may enlarge or shrink.
New mothers all over the world want to get back in shape after delivery. While some have the time and put in all the hard work to successfully get back in shape, others either fail in the effort or are too busy to try. The solution? The mommy makeover.
The Mommy Makeover
The mommy makeover refers to a specialized combination of body-contouring procedures. These procedures are performed to restore a mother’s physical appearance after childbirth and breastfeeding. Every individual’s needs are different and unique, and the mommy makeover is popular because it is custom made to suit the goals of every patient.
A mommy makeover addresses many areas of the body during the course of a single surgical session. This means that multiple periods of downtime and recovery will not be required.
What to Consider
There are three main questions to consider while choosing the procedures that will be included in your mommy makeover:
• What is the desired degree and type of restoration?
• Where should the incisions be placed?
• Which type of breast implants will be used?
Procedures That Can Be Included in a Mommy Makeover
There are several procedures that can be included in your mommy makeover depending on the requirements of the individual. They include:
• Breast Lift: This procedure lifts sagging breasts and improves breast shape and symmetry by removing excess skin tissue. It helps to create perkier and more youthful-looking breasts.
• Breast Augmentation: Also called augmentation mammoplasty, this procedure involves placing breast implants under the glandular breast tissue or the chest muscles to increase the breasts’ size and projection. Breast augmentation is able to restore the volume lost after breastfeeding.
• Augmentation Mastopexy: This combination procedure pairs a breast lift with breast augmentation in order to enhance their size, shape, projection, and symmetry.
• Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck takes care of a number of post-pregnancy abdominal issues, such as stretch marks, sagging abdominal muscles, drooping excess skin, and stubborn excess fat. It permanently removes excess tissue and tightens the muscles of the abdominal wall through an incision made from one hipbone to the other.
• Mini Tummy Tuck: A mini tummy tuck is a less invasive tummy-tuck variation that uses a smaller incision. It focuses specifically on the lower abdomen and is suitable for treating abdominal issues below the bellybutton.
• Liposuction: This procedure surgically removes stubborn excess fat accumulated during pregnancy in a variety of areas of the body. A cannula is inserted into the area to break up the fat cells. After this, medical suction is used to remove the loosened fat cells from the body.
Which Procedures Are Right for You?
Experienced board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Charles Wallace has performed numerous mommy makeovers and will be happy to help you decide on the best procedures for your case. To schedule an informative consultation at our office, contact us today.