Breast Augmentation Dallas
For various reasons, many women seek out the ability to improve the size of their breasts. Countless plastic surgeons have successfully administered this fabulous procedure for decades. Some women have naturally small breasts and others lose volume over time. With the help of board-certified plastic surgeon Charles A. Wallace, M.D., residents of Plano, Frisco or anywhere in Dallas, TX, can enjoy larger, more voluminous breasts that look completely natural.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Many people are surprised to discover that the history of the breast implant actually extends much farther back than one would expect. Whereas the field of plastic surgery gained much of its prominence in the 80s, it has been performed and studied since the early 60s. It is a procedure that has seen a half-century of practice and scientific development to become what it is today. Breast augmentation in Dallas has been popular since the procedure became mainstream.
Breast augmentation implants and surgery is a treatment that all plastic surgeons trust and happily feature on their practice’s unique lists of cosmetic surgeries. While surgeons might have their own preferences for how to approach breast surgery, you can be sure that every board-certified plastic surgeon will allow your desires and unique frame to guide their decisions for your body.
The Art of Natural Looking Breast
Many people are quick to assume that breast implants is a simple procedure that merely requires a woman to ponder one question: “How big?” The truth, however, is that a successful breast augmentation requires every woman to seriously consider multiple elements in her transformation to allow her to have the most satisfactory and natural look possible.
The field of cosmetic surgery has developed into an artistically delicate medical discipline that takes into consideration the form and nuance of every subject’s body to create an overall attractive image; breast surgery is no exception to this and arguably requires more pre-surgery deliberation than any other procedure.
Listed below are few informational links that Dr. Wallace recommends his patients to read before deciding on a specific surgery program:
Types of Breast Augmentation:
- Inframammary Breast Augmentation
- Periareolar Augmentation
- Transumbilical Breast Augmentation (TUBA)
- Subglandular Breast Implants
- Submuscular Breast Augmentation
- Endoscopic Transaxillary Breast Augmentation
Planning For Your A Breast Augmentation
A breast augmentation is a procedure in which implants are used to enlarge the appearance of the breast. For natural-looking breasts, it is important to choose the right size of implants for your body’s shape. Though the breast augmentation surgery recovery period is temporary, your breast implants will be with you for life. Therefore, your doctor will take the utmost care in helping you decide what size and type are right for you. During your consultation, three elements will be taken into consideration:
- Implant Filling: Your board-certified plastic surgeon will discuss your options regarding saline or a variation of silicone filling for your implants.
- Profile: Based on your body type, your consultation will consider if low, moderate or high profile breast implants are best for you.
- Shape: Your doctor will determine if anatomical teardrop implants or round implants will flatter the shape of your figure.
Your Breast Augmentation Procedure
During your procedure, the surgeon will make a number of incisions in order to securely insert your implants into their proper place. These incisions will be made as small as possible in order to mitigate scarring, keeping them barely visible, if at all. There are several options available for these incisions, which your surgeon will discuss with you during your consultation.
Insertion options include the following:
- Inframammary: The most popular incision method, inframammary breast augmentation allows your surgeon to insert the implant discreetly under the bottom fold of your breast, leaving a tiny scar that will only be visible when you are wearing a bikini and lying down.
- Periareolar: A periareolar breast augmentation blends the scar with the natural color/texture transition between your breast and the areola (nipple). The scar is only visible while you are nude, and with the help of a skilled plastic surgeon such as Dr. Wallace, it is possible to be entirely undetectable.
- Endoscopic Axillary: During an endoscopic axillary breast augmentation, a remote insertion is made under the armpit, leaving no discernible signs of scarring anywhere near your breasts.
- Transabdominal and Transumbilical: Transabdominal and transumbilical breast augmentations insert the implant through the stomach or belly button. Both of these procedures are best used in conjunction with a Mommy Makeover. Otherwise, they are rarely suggested as a primary method of insertion
- Depending on the type of implant you have chosen and your individual characteristics, such as breast tissue and body type, your surgeon will choose one of two different ways in which to place your new implants. Your plastic surgeon’s goal will always be to conceal the implant in the most natural way possible, so depending on the amount of healthy tissue you have on the outside of the breast, your implant will be placed in one of two locations:
- Subglandular: This method places the implant between the mammary glands and the pectoral muscle. The subglandular method is the most anatomically accurate though it requires sufficient amounts of mammary tissue above the pectoral muscle.
- Submuscular: This procedure places the implant beneath the pectoral muscle and above the chest wall. Often times, this method is chosen for women with modest amounts of mammary tissue and is used to give the breast a more natural contour.
There are dozens, if not hundreds, of different breast augmentation possibilities when you seriously consider each of these factors. The sheer amount of information can seem overwhelming, but be reassured that the variety only enables your board-certified plastic surgeon to give you the perfect breast augmentation for your body type. Also, be sure to voice your concerns and desires for the surgery so that your plastic surgeon can work your cosmetic needs and wants into what is medically feasible.
Charles A. Wallace, M.D. has performed breast augmentations for over 26 years at his practice and has helped women transition into a new life of beauty and confidence. Whether you are interested in a pragmatic surgery or simply want to transform yourself, Dr. Wallace can deliver a quality breast augmentation that you will enjoy for a lifetime. Visit Dr. Wallace in our North Dallas office for a consultation and begin your journey toward looking at your new reflection!
How Much Does A Breast Augmentation Cost?
The cost of breast augmentation varies, depending on the extent of cosmetic treatment necessary to achieve the best results. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® and Discover®. Financing options via Prosper® Healthcare Lending are available for this procedure.
If you live in Plano, Frisco or anywhere in Dallas, TX, and would be interested in learning more about a breast augmentation, consider Dr. Charles A. Wallace, M.D. Contact board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Wallace today for a complimentary consultation!