Breast Implants: What You Should Know
Breast augmentations are one of the most common procedures we perform here. Perhaps you have been considering having breast implants, but were concerned about what others would think. You may have also thought that breast implants would make you look artificial, and were, therefore, something that only celebrities chose. If either of these scenarios describe you, we think you will find the following information especially helpful.
Who Chooses Breast Implants?
At one time, the idea of having breast implants was considered taboo. That’s no longer the case, as you would actually be surprised to know that women just like yourself consider a breast augmentation every day. Their reasons vary from wanting to improve their self-esteem to restoring lost volume due to aging or pregnancy.
Many of our patients are not necessarily looking to attract attention to themselves, but rather want to look and feel their very best. Others are looking to drastically alter their appearance, and feel that changing the size or shape of their breasts is the best way to do that. We often see women who:
- Want to restore lost volume after multiple pregnancies, breastfeeding, or weight loss has occurred
- Are self-conscious about having a flat chest and wish to be filled out more
- Have one breast that is larger than the other and would like to become more proportionate
- Have undergone a mastectomy and want to gain their pre-surgery figure again
- Desire a larger chest to help balance more curvaceous hips
Regardless of your reason for wanting breast implants, we are always happy to accommodate your wishes, and will never try to talk you into something you are not comfortable with.
Types of Implants
Once you have made the decision to undergo an augmentation, the next step will be to determine what type of implants are best. To ensure the best possible results, we offer several different types of implants, including:
- Saline implants – filled with a sterile saltwater Saline implants provide more volume choices, and can also be used in women under the age of 22.
- Silicone implants – filled with a silicone gel substance. These tend to feel more natural than saline implants and also come with a reduced risk of rippling. They are normally suggested for very thin women with small breasts.
- Gummy bear implants – a firm shell filled with thicker silicone than that found in a traditional implant. These implants are more likely to maintain their shape over time, and folding and rippling is greatly reduced as well.
How to Choose the Right Implant?
How do you know which type of implant is right for you? We take the following things into consideration when helping you choose:
- Your anatomy
- Desired size and shape
- Skin elasticity
- Lifestyle and activity level
If you have been considering breast implants, you should know that you are not alone. Hundreds of other women have chosen breast augmentation surgery performed by Dr. Charles A. Wallace, M.D. and have achieved tremendous results. Take the next step today and contact Dr. Charles A. Wallace, M.D. for a consultation.